EndSARS protest delayed the full reopening of Third Mainland Bridge till February

 EndSARS protest delayed the full reopening of Third Mainland Bridge till February

By Modupe Shodeinde

The Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Frederic Oladeinde, said the full opening of the Third Mainland Bridge, which was delayed by the#EndSARS protests, will take place on February.

The Commissioner in an interview with The Punch on Friday said the protest mandates the delay

“It was supposed to be January but it is now February 2021. It has been moved by a month. The first phase is finished, the second phase has started.”

Oladeinde also said the state was trying to integrate all transport modes into a card that can be utilised by residents.

We are ramping up water transport, we are connecting it with the Bus Reform, making sure that all our transport modes are integrated. We are extending the common ticketing system which we currently use on the Bus Rapid Transit System to the waterways and when the rail comes on board, we will extend it to the rail as well.

“Basically, people will have a card that can be used over various modes of transport.”

The Commissioner also solicited for investment from the private sector to boost water transport, adding that on their part, plans had been made to expand the Lagos Ferry Services Company fleet.

Read More  Hoodlums invade NPA offices, set buildings on fire

lagosstreetjournal

Related post